2010年成人英語三級考試短語講解(2)
來源:網絡 發布時間:2010-07-23
I agree! There's not enough room to swing a cat.
(我同意!連轉身的空間都沒有。)
at the top of one's lungs
聲嘶力竭
I yelled at the top of my lungs to get tom's attention. But he seems to be deaf.
(我聲嘶力竭地大喊想要引起湯姆的注意。不過他像是聾了一樣。)
Didn't you see that he was wearing earphones? Every time he listens to rock-n-roll, he turns the volume way up.
(你沒看見他戴著耳機嗎?他每次聽搖滾樂總把音量開到最大。)
at the helm
掌控全局
How long has our CEO been at the helm?http://foreign.studyez.com/kb/top1_i173_t7_p24.htm
(我們的總裁當家多久了?)
For almost two decades. We need some fresh blood- that's for sure.
(快二十年了。我們需要一些新血是毋庸置疑的。)
a domino effect
骨牌效應
Those workers make good money. Why are they on strike?
(這些工人的收入不錯。他們為什么要罷工呢?)
It's a domino effect. Other lower-paid workers just got their wages raised, so now everybody wants more money.
(這是骨牌效應。其它工資較低的工人剛獲得加薪,所以現在每個人都想要更多錢。)
another story
另一回事
I like to stay up late. It's the best time for me to write.
(我喜歡熬夜。那是我寫作最好的時間。)
But it's quite another story for those of us who have to be at work by 8 a.m.
(但那對我們這些得在八點前上班的人來說就完全是另外一回事了。)
at ease
輕松自若
Were you nervous the first time you taught in front of the whole class?
(你第一次站在全班面前講課會緊張嗎?)http://foreign.studyez.com/kb/top1_i173_t7_p24.htm
Not really. My students were so cute that they made me feel completely at ease.
(其實還好。我的學生很可愛,他們讓我覺得非常輕松自在。)
at the eleventh hour
在最后一刻
Thank God, you're here. I thought you might not be able to make it.
(感謝上帝,你終于來了。我還以為你到不了了。)
I looked everywhere to find my passport. Then I found it at the eleventh hour.
(我到處找我的護照。終于在最后一刻找到了。)
at the end of one's rope
失去耐性
I'm at the end of my rope with you. Are you coming with me or not?
(我對你失去耐性了。你到底要不要跟我一起去?)
Give me ten more minutes. I want to know how the show ends.
(再給我十分鐘。我想知道這個節目的結局如何。)
業內名師團隊,班主任一對一服務,全面覆蓋考點,一次考試,保上名校。 !
更多成考相關內容
熱 2013成人高考高起點英語關鍵句型匯總
- 03-12·2013成考專升本語文記敘文部分資料匯總
- 03-12·2013成考專升本語文記敘文部分資料(八)
- 03-12·2013成考專升本語文記敘文部分資料(七)
- 03-12·2013成考專升本語文記敘文部分資料(六)
- 03-12·2013成考專升本語文記敘文部分資料(五)
- 03-12·2013成考專升本語文記敘文部分資料(四)
- 03-12·2013成考專升本語文記敘文部分資料(三)